Wright was Obama’s pastor for 20 years
The Zionist Organization of America (ZOA) has written to Rev. Wendell Anthony, president of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP), Detroit Branch, to rescind an invitation to anti-American, anti-white, anti-Israel pastor, Rev. Jeremiah Wright, to address the NAACP’s 53rd Annual Fight for Freedom Fund Dinner on April 27. (Rev. Wright was Senator Barack Obama’s pastor for 20 years).
Rev. Wrights statements and record include the following:
· “The government gives them drugs, builds bigger prisons, passes a three-strike law and then wants us to sing, ‘God bless America? No, no, no, God damn America that’s in the bible for killing innocent people, God damn America for treating its citizens as less than human” (2003 sermon, quoted in Brian Ross & Rehab El-Buri, ‘Obama’s pastor: God damn America, U.S. to blame for 9/11,’ abcnews.go.com, March 13, 2008; viewable at ‘Barack Obama Pastor Jeremiah Wright NEW TAPES!!!!,‘ Youtube, March 15, 2008).
· “We have supported state terrorism against the Palestinians and black South Africans, and now we are indignant that the stuff we have done is now brought back into our front yards.
· “Racism is alive and well. Racism is how this country was founded and how this country is still run” (
· “We supported Zionism shamelessly while ignoring the Palestinians and branding anybody who spoke out against it as being anti-Semitic. . . . We care nothing about human life if the end justifies the means. . . .” (Quoted in Ronald Kessler, ‘Obama and the Minister,’ Wall Street Journal, March 14, 2008).
· “We started the AIDS virus . . . We are only able to maintain our level of living by making sure that Third World people live in grinding poverty. . . .” (Quoted in Ronald Kessler, ‘Obama and the Minister,’ Wall Street Journal, March 14, 2008).
· “The Israelis have illegally occupied Palestinian territories for almost 40 years now. It took a divestment campaign to wake the business community up concerning the
· Wright’s church website: “Our racist competitive society” ; disavows the pursuit of “middleclassness,” defined as a trap designed by America to “snare” blacks rather than “killing them off” or “placing them in concentration camps.”
· On black supremacist anti-Semite Louis Farrakhan, upon whom Wright’s Trinity Church conferred in 2007 a Lifetime Achievement Award, Wright said in the church’s magazine, Trumpet: “His depth on analysis [sic] when it comes to the racial ills of this nation is astounding and eye-opening He brings a perspective that is helpful and honest” (Quoted in Ronald Kessler, ‘Obama and the Minister,’ Wall Street Journal, March 14, 2008).
· Rev. Wright’s church also posted a manifesto from the Islamist terror organization, Hamas, which calls in its Charter for the destruction of
· [Paraphrasing the alleged beliefs of white Americans] “We believe God sanctioned the rape and robbery of an entire continent, we believe God ordained African slavery, we believe God makes Europeans superior to Africans and superior to everyone else” (‘Barack Obama Pastor Jeremiah Wright NEW TAPES!!!!,‘ Youtube, March 15, 2008).
· “When [Obama’s] enemies find out that in 1984 I went to
In a letter to Rev. Anthony, ZOA National President Morton A. Klein wrote, “We are appalled to learn of the invitation to Rev. Wright no less than we have been disturbed to hear of the rationale for the invitation that has been offered by your Communications Director, Ms. LaToya Henry. Ms. Henry has been quoted as saying that Rev. Wright ‘has challenged the nation, challenged our comfort zone and stimulated nation-wide discussion on the issues of how we must move forward together as both a nation and a people. We look forward to his participation’ [Rev Wright’s] record of words and deeds does not challenge the nation it defames it, not least the many who have fought racism and the hundreds of thousands who gave their lives in a civil war that ended slavery. It does not challenge comfort zones unless decency and truth are comfort zones that should be relinquished. It does not stimulate discussion it precludes it.
“Would the NAACP see nothing wrong if another organization invited a white supremacist pastor who railed regularly against blacks and accused them of bringing down civilization? How would the NAACP react if another organization honored with a major award white supremacist and hater of African-Americans David Duke? We do not believe that the NAACP would regard such an invitation as either proper or acceptable.
“The demonization of America as an inherently racist society by Rev. Wright is nothing less than a repudiation of the NAACP’s own commitment to advancing the cause of minorities, in the words of your own website, through a ‘deeper form of justice that derives from the very spirit upon which this country was founded.’
“We are therefore appalled that the NAACP, an organization charged with fighting racism and bigotry, has invited a man like Rev. Wright, who promotes hatred of America, hatred of white people and hatred of Israel, almost entirely on the basis of falsehoods, to address its major fund-raising event. Surely, the NAACP should be publicly condemning Rev. Wright and shunning him, not honoring him with a platform to disseminate further his ugly views.
“We strongly urge you to rescind this invitation to Rev. Wright.”