NOW HIRING: MARKETING DIRECTOR
The Zionist Organization of America – America’s oldest pro-Israel organization – seeks to hire a Marketing & Communications Director who shares our vision and has the qualifications to lead our future growth in marketing and communications.
Location: New York City (could also be remote for the right candidate)
Salary: Commensurate with experience
The ideal candidate will understand the nuances of the pro-Israel space, and the rules and limitations of marketing and communicating in the nonprofit space.
You will have a demonstrated track record of managing integrated marketing strategies from beginning to end and using data and metrics to report on marketing reach and effectiveness.
You will manage and ensure the implementation of marketing and outreach programs across various channels, gather and report in-depth analytics of program effectiveness, ensure approved messaging is used and approvals are secured, and create/manage the ZOA’s marketing plan and report on its implementation and effectiveness.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and implement strategies to increase awareness of ZOA via search (organic/paid), social media, and content marketing. Measure and analyze results and make recommendations for future changes.
- Create short- and long-term strategy – 1-year plan, 3-year plan, 10-year plan
- Set KPI’s to build accountability for growth
- Define target audience(s) – where they are and what they care about
- Build a strategic messaging/marketing guide for each target audience (avatars)
- Ensure that ZOA messaging is expressed in all communications and that staff understand and can articulate messaging and key differentiators.
- Identify new marketing and outreach opportunities to reach target audiences.
- Drive marketing operations, including project management of deliverables such as:
- Social graphics
- other communications
- Produce annual report, as well as periodic reports throughout the year.
- Manage the marketing and communications of the ZOA Annual Gala.
- Strategically build the ZOA e-mail list.
- Develop and deliver e-mail communications to increase engagement with current and potential partners / donors / members.
- Manage and interface with the Media and any outside PR agencies.
- Interface with internal teams (Campus Programs, Center for Law & Justice, Government Affairs).
- Ensure value-for-money from outside vendors.
- Manage the ZOA web site and ensure that it is optimized and up-to-date.
- Create new and compelling content, test and review user journeys, and collaborate with our vendors for social media content, video, digital marketing and SEO.
- Write and edit content for both print and digital for ZOA as needed. Coordinate with other writers and content creators.
- Support staff in promoting regular educational events, including outreach and communications with attendees, event logistics, and program development.
- Maintain good working relationships with all staff to help ZOA operate as a positive, coordinated unit.
- 5+ years of professional experience in social media and/or digital marketing, and in executing digital campaigns that deliver results.
- BA degree in marketing, communications, advertising, business, or equivalent experience.
- Passionate Zionist who is in sync with ZOA’s mission and values.
- Strong attention to detail and follow-through and ability to work effectively under pressure.
- Ability to write clear, compelling copy for a variety of audiences.
- Experience planning, creating, and measuring effectiveness of marketing campaigns.
- Good understanding of SEO/SEM and social media, and experience managing vendors.
- Two (2) plus years of project management experience, working with various internal and external teams/vendors.
- Ability to multi-task and still meet deadlines, prioritize and manage complex tasks, and wear many hats.
- Stellar communication and interpersonal skills; demonstrated ability to thrive while working in a complex organizational environment or agency.
- Adaptable; ability to respond quickly and efficiently to unplanned projects and assignments.
- Bonus: A familiarity with Constant Contact as well as CRM systems.
This is a full-time, exempt position with benefits. Competitive compensation will depend on experience and proficiency level. We offer a robust array of benefits, including medical, dental, and vision coverage; paid Jewish and secular holidays; paid vacation and sick leave; 403(b) plan; and life and disability insurance.
To be considered for this position, you must meet the requirements and competencies listed above. Application materials will be reviewed as they are received and well-qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Please send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org.
ZOA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees so classified.