Director of Marketing and Communications
REPORTS TO: National Executive Director / National President
Founded in 1897, ZOA is the leading major American Jewish organization courageously defending Israel and the Jewish people; fighting against all forms of antisemitism; and promoting the Jewish people’s lawful right to live in and settle historic Jewish land in Israel. ZOA’s bold, unapologetic voice has significant impact on public discourse and policy.
The Director of Marketing and Communications is responsible for overseeing the implementation of marketing, communications, and PR efforts for the agency. This person will work directly with the National President, the National Executive Director, Development and Outreach staff, and outside strategic consultants to implement strategies in the areas of traditional and social media, print communications, electronic communications, and website.
Media and Public Relations:
- Oversees the distribution of press releases, op-ed’s and letters to the editor to media and constituents
- Maintains and builds relationships with media contacts at major media outlets, both Jewish and secular
- Responds to all media inquiries and funnels them to the National President
- Manages media for all National and New York based events such as: the annual National Gala held in New York, Washington, D.C. Advocacy Mission, and Leadership Mission to Israel
- Supervises and oversees postings on ZOA’s social media accounts
Marketing and Communications:
- Oversees all electronic communications to ZOA constituents such as news releases, action alerts, requests for funding, other communications
- Responsible for producing the bi-annual ZOA Report
- Oversees and coordinates all National ZOA printed and electronic material, such as brochures, invitations and videos, and pamphlets
- Oversees the ZOA website
- Manages ZOA’s direct mail program which includes several renewal and acquisition mailings per year
- Supervises ZOA’s creative design staff
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Experience in marketing, communications, and public relations, preferably in the non-profit sector
- Passionate Zionist with a deep love for the State of Israel
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, tactful and diplomatic
- Well-developed organizational and time management skills
- Strong attention to detail and follow-through
- A team player as well as able to work independently
- Ability to work effectively under pressure
- Ability to solve problems creatively and practically
- Ability to multi-task
- Excellent project management skills
- Entrepreneurial mindset; able to identify and pursue opportunities
- Pride and professionalism in work accomplishments
- Strong command of Israel and Middle East history, politics, and culture
- Strong knowledge and understanding of the American Jewish community
- Experience with various design software packages, communications software such as Constant Contact, and media tracking software
- Microsoft Office proficiency
For inquiries, kindly contact ZOA National Executive Director Alan Jay at (212) 481-1500 Ext. 230, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
ZOA Campus Coordinator – Southeast Region or West Coast Region
The ZOA’s Campus Department maintains a large activism network, connecting college students of all backgrounds to Israel in greater depth. The work of the ZOA Campus department is focused on combating the growing anti-Israel climate on colleges and universities and organizing educational initiatives. ZOA Campus hosts flagship programs such as the ZOA Student Leadership Mission to Israel, the ZOA Campus Fellowship, ZOA Summer Internship, and many more, which are open to all and provide dynamic educational experiences.
- Empowering pro-Israel students, campus professionals, and experts to advance Israel advocacy and fight antisemitism.
- Visiting campuses throughout the region to meet with student leaders, facilitate pro-Israel events, and counter anti-Israel activity. Travel is required for this position. This includes occasional travel during the weekend and in some cases to Israel.
- Leading events in-person on campus and in virtual spaces to educate students about Zionism and key issues facing the Jewish state. This involves creating programming and leading in-depth discussions about Israel.
- Coordinating grant requests and event logistics with student leaders and professional partners to provide Zionist students with the necessary campus resources.
- Creating original programs and effective content which help promote Israel and Zionism including presentations, fact sheets, informational graphics, flyers, and more.
- Spearheading social media campaigns and organizing online outreach efforts in partnership with ZOA Campus social media.
- Recruiting for ZOA Campus initiatives such as the Campus Fellowship, Student Leadership Mission to Israel, the Summer Internship, the Annual Gala Dinner, and the Annual Lobbying Mission in Washington, D.C
- Representing ZOA Campus at various conferences and meetings within the pro-Israel community.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Extensive knowledge of the State of Israel, the Middle East, including the strategic and geopolitical complexities of the region, and wider issues facing the Jewish people
- Experience in public speaking and a familiarity with the larger academic environment on American college campuses
- Proactive involvement in communal Israel advocacy and campus activism
- Prior experience with program planning, recruitment, and campus leadership
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, multi-task, and manage multiple projects at once
- Prior work, travel, or living experience in Israel is beneficial
Salary: Competitive salary within the field
Benefits: Paid vacation, sick leave, medical insurance, retirement plans, paid Jewish and Federal holidays
Preferred Experience: Entry Level – 3 years of experience (including informal and student experience)
Must be based out of Southern California or the Bay Area, or South or Central Florida
Application Instructions: Please apply by emailing your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Click here for more information.