Their attendance gave honor to America-basher
The Zionist Organization of America (ZOA) has expressed disappointment with Senators Carl Levin (D-MI) and Debbie Stabenow (D-MI) for attending the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP)’s 53rd Annual Fight for Freedom Fund Dinner on April 27 in Detroit at which the keynote speaker was Chicago’s Trinity United Church’s Pastor Rev. Jeremiah Wright. Rev. Wright was Senator Barack Obama’s pastor for 20 years, and has a record of virulently anti-American, anti-white, and anti-Israel statements. The attendance of two prominent
Republican presidential candidate Senator John McCain (R-AZ), who previously avoided the Rev. Wright issue, has condemned Rev. Wright for “comparing the United States Marine Corps with Roman legionnaires who were responsible for the death of our Savior, I mean being involved in that” and for “saying that Al Qaeda and the American flag were the same flags. So I can understand, I can understand why people are upset about this I can understand why Americans, when viewing these kinds of comments, are angry and upset” (Michael Cooper, ‘McCain Criticizes Remarks by Obama’s Former Pastor,’ New York Times, April 29, 2008).
Rev. Wright’s past statements and record include the following:
last year’s conference in Africa on racism, which the
· “And they will not only attack you if you try to point out what’s going on in white
· “The government gives them drugs, builds bigger prisons, passes a three-strike law and then wants us to sing, ‘God bless America? No, no, no, God damn America that’s in the bible for killing innocent people, God damn America for treating its citizens as less than human” (2003 sermon, quoted in Brian Ross & Rehab El-Buri, ‘Obama’s pastor: God damn America, U.S. to blame for 9/11,’ abcnews.go.com, March 13, 2008; viewable at ‘Barack Obama Pastor Jeremiah Wright NEW TAPES!!!!,‘ Youtube, March 15, 2008).
· “We have supported state terrorism against the Palestinians and black South Africans, and now we are indignant that the stuff we have done is now brought back into our front yards.
· “Racism is alive and well. Racism is how this country was founded and how this country is still run” (
· “We supported Zionism shamelessly while ignoring the Palestinians and branding anybody who spoke out against it as being anti-Semitic. . . . We care nothing about human life if the end justifies the means. . . .” (Quoted in Ronald Kessler, ‘Obama and the Minister,’ Wall Street Journal, March 14, 2008).
· “We started the AIDS virus . . . We are only able to maintain our level of living by making sure that Third World people live in grinding poverty. . . .” (Quoted in Ronald Kessler, ‘Obama and the Minister,’ Wall Street Journal, March 14, 2008).
· “The Israelis have illegally occupied Palestinian territories for almost 40 years now. It took a divestment campaign to wake the business community up concerning the
· Wright’s church website: “Our racist competitive society” ; disavows the pursuit of “middleclassness,” defined as a trap designed by America to “snare” blacks rather than “killing them off” or “placing them in concentration camps.”
· On black supremacist anti-Semite Louis Farrakhan, upon whom Wright’s Trinity Church conferred in 2007 a Lifetime Achievement Award, Wright said in the church’s magazine, Trumpet: “His depth on analysis [sic] when it comes to the racial ills of this nation is astounding and eye-opening He brings a perspective that is helpful and honest” (Quoted in Ronald Kessler, ‘Obama and the Minister,’ Wall Street Journal, March 14, 2008).
· Rev. Wright’s church also posted a manifesto from the Islamist terror organization, Hamas, which calls in its Charter for the destruction of
· [Paraphrasing the alleged beliefs of white Americans] “We believe God sanctioned the rape and robbery of an entire continent, we believe God ordained African slavery, we believe God makes Europeans superior to Africans and superior to everyone else” (‘Barack Obama Pastor Jeremiah Wright NEW TAPES!!!!,‘ Youtube, March 15, 2008).
· “When [Obama’s] enemies find out that in 1984 I went to