PA State Would Be New Terrorist State
A new poll has found that an overwhelming 73% of Palestinian Arabs agree with the hadith [Islamic tradition ascribed to Muhammad], quoted by the terrorist group Hamas in its Charter, about the need to conduct a genocide of Jews. The hadith in question states, The Day of Judgment will not come about until Muslims fight the Jews (killing the Jews), when the Jew will hide behind stones and trees. The stones and trees will say O Muslims, O Abdulla, there is a Jew behind me, come and kill him.
The Palestinian Center for Public Opinion (PCP) poll, sponsored by the Israel Project and conducted by American pollster Stanley Greenberg, also contained the following findings:
· An even larger number of Palestinians 80% agree with the statement in the Hamas Charter calling for creation of Arab and Islamic battalions to fight the Jews.
· 61% of Palestinians reject the idea of a peaceful Palestinian state living alongside Israel as the solution to the Arab/Israeli war, as against 34% who accepted it.
· 66% said that the Palestinians real goal should be to start with setting up a Palestinian state alongside Israel but then move towards creating a single Palestinian-controlled state.
· 72% of Palestinians support denying Jewish history and connection to the land of Israel.
· An overwhelming 92% of Palestinians insist on Jerusalem being only the Palestinian capital, as against a mere 1% who believe it should be the Israeli capital. Only 3% of Palestinians believe that Jerusalem should be the capital of both Israel and a Palestinian state, and 4% believe it should be a neutral international city.
· 62% of Palestinians support a policy of kidnapping Israeli soldiers and holding them hostage.
· 53% favor teaching songs about hating Jews in Palestinian schools.
· 64% supported seeking a unilateral declaration of Palestinian statehood at the UN. (Gil Hoffman, 6 in 10 Palestinians reject 2-state solution, survey finds, Jerusalem Post, July 15, 2011).
ZOA National President Morton A. Klein said, This poll is even more frightening than many others to which we have pointed over the years. It is terrible enough when one reads of Palestinian denial of Jewish history or support for terrorism against Israelis. But it is even worse when one reads that nearly three-quarters of Palestinians agree with the hadith calling upon Muslims to hasten the Day of Judgment by murdering Jews everywhere they can be found.
When coupled with other findings, such as the even greater support for Hamas positions like establishing an Arab/Islamic army to fight the Jews, or supporting the inculcation of Jew-hatred into Palestinian youth, it is not hard to understand why negotiations with the Palestinians under current conditions would be fruitless or worse.
We also learn from this poll that, there may be times when a majority of Palestinians can be found supporting negotiations rather than a campaign of terrorism, yet we see that, even in such cases, it is only for the purpose of obtaining more from Israel, or setting up a Palestinian state as a Trojan Horse. In this scenario, a state supposedly intended to live peacefully alongside Israel, becomes the instrument to turn Israel into a Palestinian-dominated single state. Tragically, nothing has changed since 1974 when the PLO enunciated its strategy for the phased destruction of Israel, in which the creation of a Palestinian state alongside Israel is merely to serve as a prelude to Israels eventual dismemberment.