63% – Even with statehood, goal is Israels destruction
A new detailed survey of American Jewish opinion has shown that two-thirds of American Jews (67% to 24%) are concerned about President Obamas policies towards Israel if he were to be re-elected. Despite 65% of American Jews polled claiming that they voted for Obama and 63% approving in general terms of his performance as president, only two in five (43%) say they would vote to re-elect him, whereas a plurality of 48% says it would consider someone else. The poll, conducted by McLaughlin & Associates during Jun 21-23, 2011, also found:
· 63% believe that if the PA were given their own state, it would continue their campaign of terror to destroy Israel, whereas only 16% believe that the PA would live peacefully alongside Israel.
· A plurality of American Jews (31%) believes Obama favors the Palestinians, whereas only 21% thinks he favors the Israelis.
· American Jews are almost evenly split on whether Obama can be trusted to veto a UN Security Council resolution which declares the PA a legitimate Palestinian state, although the PA refuses to renounce terrorism and are still linked to terrorism.
· Whereas, in April 2010, American Jews approved of Obamas handling of Americas relations with Israel by 50% to 39%, they now disapprove of his handling of relations by 50% to 43%.
· An overwhelming 81% of American Jews oppose Israel being forced to return to the 1949 armistice lines. Nearly three-quarters (73%) believe Jerusalem should remain the undivided capital of Israel, whereas only 8% thinks the United States should force Israel to give parts of Jerusalem, including Christian and Jewish holy sites, to the Palestinian Authority (PA).
· An overwhelming majority (88% to 5%) agrees with the position that before the PA obtains statehood, it must first recognize Israels right to exist as a Jewish state.
· Nearly all Jewish voters are concerned (93%) about Israel being threatened by Arab nations and Iran, which wishes to destroy Israel, while three-quarters (75%) are very concerned.
· Regarding the so-called Arab spring, American Jews believe by 54% to 21% that the Arab protests and tumult is more dangerous than good for Israel.
· By a 2 to 1 ratio (56% to 25%), American Jews believe that the U.S., under Obama, is headed off on the wrong track (National Survey: American Jewish Voters, McLaughlin & Associates, July 2011).