Ambassadors Against BDS International Summit is only one week away, and we can’t wait to see you there!
We are very excited to announce that Tuesday’s event will include a special performance by Matisyahu, who became a symbol of the battle against BDS when activists attempted to boycott his show last summer in Spain – but failed.
The event will include an opening session at the General Assembly, and following a short kosher lunch break, you will be asked to choose between 2 interactive expert workshops, and conclude the day with a facinating summary session.
Join us on May 31, 8:30 AM at the United Nations Visitors entrance on 46th st. & 1st avenue, NYC.
8:30 – Registration
10:00 – Main plenary session at the General Assembly Hall:
- Moderated by Noa Tishby
- Ambassador Danny Danon, Permanent Representative to the UN
- Ronald S. Lauder, President, world Jewish Congress
- Justice Elyakim Rubinstein, Vice President of the Supreme Court of Israel
- Dr. Jay Sekulow, Chief Counsel of ACLJ
Special Performance by Matisyahu
12:00 – Lunch break
13:00 – Interactive expert workshops:
1) Fighting BDS on Campus – attend a one stop shop & learn best practices to confront BDS on your campus, from experts and student leaders from around the world.
- David Sable, Global Chief Executive officer, Y&R
- Frank Luntz, Luntz Global
- Shoham Nicolet, CEO of the Israeli-American Council
- Matias Wolff- WJC, Chile
- Yosef Tarshish- Chairperson of the World Union of Jewish Students, England
- Max Samarov- StandWithUs, USA
- Benny Fisher– President of European Union Of Jewish Students (EUJS), Germany
2) Legal aspects of boycotts and de-legitimization – learn more about how to confront BDS from the legal perspective, use the law to your advantage, and meet Israel’s Vice President of the Supreme Court of Israel, Justice Elyakim Rubinstein
- Gabe Groisman, Esq.
- Anne Herzberg, NGO Monitor
- Mr. Stuart Roth, Esq.
- Attorney Carly Gammill, Esq.
- Elizabeth (Liz) Berney, Esq.
- Dr. Mark Goldfeder, Esq.
14:45 – Summery Session: Promoting Israel in the face of delegitimization at the public sphere (Sponsored by WJC)
- Daniel Birnbaum, CEO of Soda stream
- Mosab Hassan Yousef
- Professor Alan Johnson, BICOM, England
- Bassam Eid, Founder, Palestinian Human Rights Monitoring Group
Emily Neilson – Winkler, LINK Support & Development Ltd