For the past 27 years, Glamour magazine has given its Women of the Year awards, honoring women who are “game changers, rule breakers, and trailblazers.” This year, Glamour is disgracefully honoring Linda Sarsour as one of the organizers of the Women’s March last January.
Contact Glamour’s Editor-in-Chief at firstname.lastname@example.org and tell her that Linda Sarsour is an anti-Israel bigot who does not deserve this honor. Here are some points to consider making:
- Sarsour falsely and outrageously claims that Zionists can’t be feminists.
- Sarsour has condemned and delegitimized a brave, genuine feminist – Ayaan Hirsi Ali, a former devout Muslim who was subjected to female genital mutilation and who courageously speaks out against the role that Islam plays in tolerating the abuse of girls and women. Sarsour disgustingly tweeted that Ayaan Hirsi Ali’s “vagina should be taken away” and that she does not “deserve” to be a woman.
- Sarsour supports the anti-Semitic Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions (BDS) movement which targets one country alone for punishment and elimination – the Jewish State of Israel – while ignoring the actions of genuine human rights abusing countries.
- Sarsour opposes the right of the Jewish State of Israel to exist, expressing her contempt with such statements as “Nothing is creepier than Zionism” and “[Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin] Netanyahu is a waste of a human being.”
- Sarsour is a terrorist sympathizer. When she shared a podium last April with Rasmea Odeh – a convicted terrorist responsible for murdering two college students in a 1969 supermarket bombing in Israel, and a recent deportee from the U.S. because she lied about her terrorist crimes on her immigration forms – Sarsour said she was “honored and privileged to be here in this space, and honored to be on this stage with Rasmea.”
Let Glamour know that its Women of the Year should be inspirational role models for the magazine’s millions of readers and followers. They should not be anti-Semitic bigots with contempt for the Jewish State of Israel and anyone who supports it. Tell Glamour that honoring Sarsour taints the other Women of the Year, as well as Glamour’s reputation.
CONTACT CYNTHIA LEIVE, GLAMOUR’S EDITOR-IN-CHIEF:
By email: email@example.com (cynthia[underscore]firstname.lastname@example.org)
By regular mail at:
1 World Trade Center
New York, NY 10007