The head of the Iranian-backed Shia Lebanese terrorist organization, Hizballah, Hassan Nasrallah, has renewed his calls for the destruction of Israel and described it as a “cancerous tumor” that must be “eradicated.” In a public address in Dahieh, Lebanon, on what the Iranian Shia Islamist regime calls International Al-Quds Day, an annual event created by Iran to oppose Israel’s existence and its reunification of Jerusalem in the 1967 Six Day War, Nasrallah said, “Israel is a cancerous tumor … The only solution when it comes to cancer is to eradicate it and not to surrender to it” (‘Hezbollah Chief: Removing “Cancerous Tumour” Israel is a Priority for the Islamic World,’ TLVFACES, August 8, 2013).
Nasrallah has a long record of Holocaust denial & calls for the destruction of Israel, the United States and the murder of Jews (see below).
ZOA National Chairman of the Board Dr. Michael Goldblatt said, “Nasrallah’s obscene and genocidal calls for the worldwide murder of Jews – listed below – clearly demonstrates that he and Hizballah are not mere opponents or even enemies of Israel – they are bestial murderers who cannot wait to put their genocidal ambitions into practice.
“Anti-Semitism is not merely another type of bigotry and hatred – terrible enough as those are – but a unique form of demonization that depicts Jews as monsters and the enemies of mankind whom the world should rise up and expunge. No-one speaks of any other country, however hated, as a‘tumor’ that must be ‘eradicated,’ as Nasrallah did in recent days about Israel.
“We heard such blatantly murderous statements in the 1930s and no-one heeded them. We dare not repeat this tragic error.
“We call upon Muslim leaders to condemn these vile statements. We call upon the European Union states to condemn them and criminalize Hizballah as a terrorist organization, not merely its ‘armed wing.’ And we call upon the Obama Administration to condemn these statements and to urge the EU publicly and privately to criminalize Hizballah.”
- 2008: In a speech In Beirut on March 24, 2008, Nasrallah said, “Can you end this entity? … Let them be frightened and worried. Let them taste the fear and fright which they inflicted on our people,” he said. “Can Israel be eliminated? Yes and a thousand yeses, Israel can be eliminated.” (Benny Avni, ‘Hezbollah Leader: Israel Can Be ‘Eliminated,’” New York Sun, March 25, 2008).
- 2007: On Al-Manar TV on January 30, 2007, Nasrallah declared, “Israel is weaker than a spider web. The future of Israel is death and perdition … Our martyrs inscribed in blood during the July-August war: Death to Israel” (‘Hizbullah Secretary-General Hassan Nasrallah: Israel Is Weaker Than a Spider Web,’ Middle East Media Research Institute (MEMRI), Clip # 1370, February 1, 2007).
- 2006: In an appearance on Hizballa’s Al-Manar station on February 23, 2006, Nasrallah praised Holocaust denier, David Irving, for having “denied the existence of gas chambers” (Steven Stalinsky, ‘Hezbollah’s Nazi Tactics,’ New York Sun, July 26, 2006).
- 2006: In an interview on Al-Manar on February 3, 2006, Nasrallah praised French Holocaust denier Roger Garaudy, as a “great philosopher” (Steven Stalinsky, ‘Hezbollah’s Nazi Tactics,’ New York Sun, July 26, 2006).
- 2005: Nasrallah, in address to his followed broadcast by al-Manar on February 18, 2005, said, “Israel is our enemy. This is an aggressive, illegal, and illegitimate entity, which has no future in our land. Its destiny is manifested in our motto: ‘Death to Israel’ … [On the United States] We consider it to be an enemy because it wants to humiliate our governments, our regimes, and our peoples. Because it is the greatest plunderer our treasures, our oil, and our resources, while millions in our nation suffer unemployment, poverty, hunger, unmarriagability, ignorance, darkness, and so on. America… This American administration is an enemy. Our motto, which we are not afraid to repeat year after year, is: ‘Death to America’” (‘MEMRI TV Monitor Project – Hizbullah Leader Hassan Nasrallah: “The American Administration is Our Enemy… Death to America,”’ MEMRI Special Dispatch No. 867, February 22, 2005).
- 2002: Speaking at a graduation ceremony in Haret Hreik, Nasrallah announced on October 22, 2002: “if they [Jews] all gather in Israel, it will save us the trouble of going after them worldwide.” (Badih Chayban, ‘Nasrallah alleges ‘Christian Zionist’ plot: “Their aim is to redraw the world’s political map,”’ The Daily Star [Beirut], October 23, 2002).
- 2000: Nasrallah said on April 9, 2000, “Jews invented the legend of the Holocaust” (Steven Stalinsky, ‘Hezbollah’s Nazi Tactics,’ New York Sun, July 26, 2006).
- 1997: “If we searched the entire world for a person more cowardly, despicable, weak and feeble in psyche, mind, ideology and religion, we would not find anyone like the Jew. Notice, I do not say the Israeli.” (Quoted in Amal Saad-Ghorayeb, Hizbullah: Politics and Religion, London: Pluto Press, 2001, p. 170).
- 1992: Following his appointment as head of Hizballah, Nasrallah described the party’s long-term strategy as “fighting against Israel and liberating Jerusalem, as well as Imam Khomeini’s proposal – namely ending Israel as a state” (Michael Young, ‘The Islamists really are true believers,’ The Daily Star [Beirut], March 27, 2008).
- 1992: Hizballah, which had just come under th leadership of Nasrallah, vowed, “It is an open war until the elimination of Israel and until the death of the last Jew on earth.” (Justus Reid Weiner,Referral of Iranian President Ahmadinejad On Charge Of Incitement To Commit Genocide, Jerusalem Center of Public Affairs, 2008, p. 16).