Mahmoud Abbas’ Palestinian Authority (PA) has continued to glorify Jew-killing terrorists, honoring the terrorists responsible for the murder of 179 Israelis just last week during the anniversary celebrations of Abbas’ ruling Fatah Party. On the official Fatah Facebook page honoring the terrorists, the Fatah logo that includes a grenade, crossed rifles, and the PA map of ‘Palestine’ covering all of Israel appears. The terrorists honored by Fatah, included:
- Khalil Al-Wazir, known as Abu Jihad who, as chief of Fatah ‘military wing,’ i.e., terror operations, during the 1970s and 1980s, orchestrated the murder of 125 Israelis.
- Dalal Mughrabi, leader of the Fatah terrorist squad that carried out the 1978 coastal road massacre which involved murdering the 37 civilian occupants of a passenger bus, including a dozen children. Mughrabi has been honored in numerous ceremonies and has city squares and streets named after her within the PA.
- Andalib Takatka, a female suicide bomber who blew herself up at Jerusalem’s Mahane Yehuda outdoor market on April 12, 2002, murdering 6 Israelis and wounding more than 80.
- Marwan Barghouti, the jailed senior Fatah leader serving five life sentences for orchestrating three shooting assaults that resulted in the murder of five Israelis during January – March 2002, since re-elected to the PA legislature and, since December 2016, to Fatah’s Central Committee.
- Ayyat Al-Akhras, a suicide bomber who blew herself up near a Jerusalem supermarket on March 29, 2002, murdering 2 Israelis and wounding 28. Akras has been honored in broadcasts on both Fatah-run Awdah TV and official PA TV.
- Zainab Abu Salem, another feemale suicide bomber from Fatah who blew herself up at the French Hill junction in Jerusalem on Sept. 22, 2004, murdering 2 Israeli border policemen and wounding approximately 30 people.
- Wafa Idris, the first Palestinian female suicide bomber, who blew herself up on Jaffa Road in central Jerusalem on Jan. 27, 2002, murdering 1 person and wounding over 100. As a volunteer for the Palestinian Red Crescent, she was able to bypass Israeli security and enter Jerusalem in a Palestinian ambulance. In a post last year, Fatah took pride that “her pure body exploded into pieces in the Zionists’ faces.”
- Karim Younes, an Israeli Arab serving a 40-year sentence for kidnapping and murdering Israeli soldier Avraham Bromberg in 1980. Younes was originally sentenced to life in prison, but Israeli President Shimon Peres reduced his sentence in 2012. In May 2017 Younes, who has a square named for him in Jenin, was appointed by PA Chairman Mahmoud Abbas to the Fatah Central Committee. (‘Murderers of 179 Israelis honored by Fatah including 4 female suicide bombers,’ Palestinian Media Watch (PMW) bulletin, January 1, 2018).
ZOA National President Morton A. Klein said, “Fatah’s anniversary celebrations in which blood-soaked, Jew-killing terrorists were ghoulishly honored and glorified shows that pro-terror, anti-peace acts are live and well within Mahmoud Abbas’ PA.
“It should be clear the Mahmoud Abbas, not only fails to condemn outright, vicious terrorism directed at Jews, but also glorifies the acts of these pitiless murderers and, by doing so, helps to foster and maintain a climate of incitement to murder and hatred.
“Whatever else Abbas might be, he is certainly no peace partner.
“It is only right that the Trump Administration intends to cut aid to this pro-terror, anti-peace regime, which has used American taxpayer-funded aid to promote and carry out acts of hatred and murder.