Zionist Organization of America (ZOA) President Morton A. Klein issued the following statement:
The Zionist Organization of America happily congratulates President-Elect Donald J. Trump, Vice President-Elect Mike Pence, their beautiful families, their national advisers, their Israel advisory co-chairs Jason Dov Greenblatt and David Friedman, and the entire Trump/Pence campaign team on their historic victory last night.
ZOA President Klein has known Vice President-Elect Mike Pence since his days in Congress, and has seen first-hand that the Vice President-Elect is a great friend of Israel and America’s pro-Israel community. President–elect Trump’s platform on Israel is the most pro-Israel platform any American political party has ever put forth.
We look forward to a Trump/Pence administration that will rebuild America, heal America’s internal divisions, inspire all Americans and people throughout the world, and be a great friend to the State of Israel.
This morning, ZOA invited Trump/Pence Israel advisory co-chairs Jason Dov Greenblatt and David Friedman to attend and speak at ZOA’s upcoming national gala dinner on Sunday evening November 20, 2016 at the Grand Hyatt in NYC. ZOA is thrilled that Mr. Friedman has already accepted our invitation! We hope that you will join us at this exciting event. Honorees include Bernie Marcus, founder of Home Depot, Israel’s Amb.to the UN, Danny Danon, Cong. Ed Royce, Chair of House Foreign Affairs Committee, and Alan Dershowitz.
The recent Joint Statement from Jason Dov Greenblatt and David Friedman, Co-Chairs of the Israel Advisory Committee to Donald J. Trump, spelled out Trump/Pence administration policies that will enhance American-Israeli friendship and the safety and well being of both nations. ZOA is extremely pleased that the Trump/Pence administration’s policies will include:
- U.S. recognition that Israel is the state of the Jewish people, who have lived in that land for 3,500 years;
- U.S. recognition that Israel is a staunch U.S. ally and a key partner in the global war against Islamic jihadism;
- U.S. recognition of Jerusalem as the eternal and indivisible capital of the Jewish state; the Trump/Pence administration will move the U.S. embassy to Jerusalem;
- continuing growth in U.S.-Israeli military cooperation and coordination, and recognition of the tremendous benefit that this two-way street relationship brings to both nations;
- ensuring that Israel receives maximum military, strategic and tactical cooperation from the United States; and ensuring that the recently signed Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) will not limit the support that Congress and/or the administration gives to Israel;
- U.S. vetoes of United Nations resolutions that unfairly single out Israel;
- U.S. work in international institutions and forums and with the EU, to oppose efforts to delegitimize Israel, impose discriminatory double standards against Israel, or impose special labeling requirements and boycotts on Israeli products;
- cutting off U.S. funding for the UN Human Rights Council, and recognizing that the UNHRC is dominated by dictatorships devoted to slandering the Jewish State; and recognizing that UNESCO’s attempt to disconnect the State of Israel from Jerusalem is a one-sided attempt to ignore Israel’s 3,000-year bond to its capital city, and is further evidence of the enormous anti-Israel bias of the United Nations;
- U.S. adoption of strong diplomatic and legislative measures to thwart the anti-Semitic boycott, divestment and sanctions movement against Israel (BDS); and recognizing that BDS “is just another attempt by the Palestinians to avoid having to commit to a peaceful co-existence with Israel; “
- rejection of the false notion that Israel is an occupier;
- Justice Department investigations of the coordinated attempts on college campuses to intimidate students who support Israel;
- U.S. recognition that Israel’s maintenance of defensible borders is necessary to preserve peace and stability; and that “pressure should not be put on Israel to withdraw to borders that make attacks and conflict more likely”;
- U.S. recognition that “a two-state solution between Israel and the Palestinians appears impossible as long as the Palestinians are unwilling to renounce violence against Israel or recognize Israel’s right to exist as a Jewish state”; and recognizing that “the Palestinian leadership, including the PA, has undermined any chance for peace with Israel by raising generations of Palestinian children on an educational program of hatred of Israel and Jews” and by regularly teaching hatred to the larger Palestinian-Arab society “on Palestinian television, in the Palestinian press, in entertainment media, and in political and religious communications”; and recognizing that “the two major Palestinian political parties – Hamas and Fatah – regularly promote anti-Semitism and jihad”;
- affirming that “the U.S. cannot support the creation of a new [Palestinian-Arab] state where terrorism is financially incentivized, terrorists are celebrated by political parties and government institutions, and the corrupt diversion of foreign aid is rampant” and that “the U.S. should not support the creation of a state that forbids the presence of Christian or Jewish citizens, or that discriminates against people on the basis of religion”;
- recognizing that a comprehensive and lasting peace involves free negotiations between those living in the region;
- counteracting Iran’s ongoing violations of the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (the Iran deal) and Iran’s noncompliance with past and present sanctions and agreements, by implementing tough, new sanctions when needed to protect the world and Iran’s neighbors from Iran’s continuing nuclear and non-nuclear threats; and
- recognizing that “the U.S. State Department recently designated Iran, yet again, as the leading state sponsor of terrorism – putting the Middle East particularly, but the whole world at risk by financing, arming, and training terrorist groups operating around the world including Hamas, Hezbollah, and forces loyal to Syrian President Bashar al-Assad.”
ZOA again congratulates the President-Elect, the Vice President-Elect and everyone involved with their historic victory – a victory that we believe will help heal America and our relationships will Israel and other nations throughout the world.