Zionist Organization of America (ZOA) President Morton A. Klein released the following statement:
Since assuming office, President Donald Trump has sent strong, effective messages to some of the world’s worst despots, terrorist groups and regimes (including Iran, Syria, ISIS and North Korea) to end their outrageous, dangerous courses of action. The Palestinian Authority (PA)’s Holocaust-denying, violence-against–Jews promoting dictator Mahmoud Abbas doesn’t deserve the honor and credibility of a White House meeting. We must always remember that Abbas was the financier of the Munich Olympics massacre of 11 Israeli athletes, co-founder with Yasser Arafat of a terrorist group and has continued throughout his life to promote hatred and deaths of innocent Jews and Americans and Israel’s destruction. And only last month, Muhammad Shtayyeh, Abbas’ PA Fatah ruling party Central Committee member and PA Commissioner of the Treasury said: “To this moment Fatah does not recognize Israel. The topic of recognition of Israel has not been raised in any of Fatah’s conferences.” (Official PA TV, Topic of the Day, 3-26-17, reported in: “Fatah leader: Fatah and Hamas Agree Israel Has No Right to Exist,” Palestinian Media Watch, Apr. 21, 2017).
If there is nevertheless any possibility of conciliation, President Trump should use Abbas’s upcoming visit to make critical demands of Abbas and the PA.
For peace to have any chance and for the US to continue $500 million in US aid and cooperation, Abbas and the PA/PLO must first, for a demonstrable period of time: (1) discontinue PA and PLO payments ($300 million annually) to terrorists and families of terrorists who murdered Jews; (2) rename the dozens of schools, sports clubs, streets, public squares, children’s camps etc. in the Palestinian Authority that are named after murderers of Jews; (3) discontinue PA official television and newspaper programs promoting Jew-hatred, Jew-killings and honoring murderers of Jews; (4) completely revamp the PA textbooks and curricula that are teaching Palestinian Arab children to become murderers of Jews and to destroy Israel; (5) change all official PA symbols (including official PA emblems, stamps, stationary, etc.) that show Israel as a Palestinian Arab state; (6) cease all payments to the Hamas regime in Gaza; (7) end all of Abbas’ demands that a future Palestinian State be ethnically cleansed of Jews; (8) formally declare illegal, disassociate from, and remove from the PA government all designated terrorist groups including Hamas, the PFLP (Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine), and Palestinian Islamic Jihad (PIJ); and (9) make speeches by Abbas and Imams condemning all Palestinian terrorist attacks including car rammings and knifings against Jews. All of these points are required under the signed Oslo and other agreements.
Mahmoud Abbas’ horrendous record also includes the following:
- On official PA television on September 16, 2015, Mahmoud Abbas launched the recent Palestinian Arab wave of terror against innocent Jews. Abbas met with a Palestinian Arab terrorist group (which hurls rocks and boulders at Jews who are praying), and exhorted the terror group and all other Palestinian Arabs to commit acts of violence. Abbas blessed and assured a place in Paradise to Palestinian Arab “martyrs” [terrorists] who “spill blood for Allah” and carry out war against Israel; claimed that Jewish and Christian holy sites (the Temple Mount and Church of the Holy Sepulcher) belong to Islamic Palestinian Arabs; asserted that Jews and Christians were “defiling” these sites with their “filthy feet,” and declared that “we will do everything in our power” to “protect Jerusalem” [from “defilement” by Jews and Christians]. (See “Jewish Lives Matter: Obama & World Silent as PA’s Abbas Calls for Murder of “Filthy” Jews; Abbas [says]: “Filthy” Christians Defile Church of Holy Sepulcher,” ZOA, Sept. 18, 2015; reported in “Promoting Violence and Terror,” Palestinian Media Watch.)
- Official Palestinian Authority media continue to glorify Palestinian Arab murderers of Jews and Americans, including the Palestinian Arab terrorist who stabbed to death innocent 29-year-old U.S. Army veteran Taylor Force and wounded nearly a dozen innocent Jews. (See “Palestinian Authority Media Glorify Murderer of U.S. Army Veteran,” by Morgan Chalfant, Washington Free Beacon, May 24, 2016; citing “Official PA Media Glorifies Murderer of US Tourist, Taylor Force,” Palestinian Media Watch, May 24, 2016.)
- Mahmoud Abbas continues to personally honor vicious terrorists. For instance, Abbas flew to Turkey to praise and shake the hand of vicious Hamas and PLO terrorists who had murdered innocent young Israelis, after the terrorists were freed and deported to Turkey in the Galid Shalit deal. (See “ZOA Event: MK Ohana on Israel’s Security Situation,” Apr. 20, 2016; and “Abbas Meets Freed Palestinian Prisoners in Ankara,” YNet News, 21.12.11.)
- Official PA media continue to directly promote murdering Jews, and even provide “how to kill” lessons. For instance, PA Official TV broadcast a PA official Jibril Rajoub calling Palestinian Arab terrorist knife attacks on Israelis “acts of bravery, and I am proud of them. I congratulate everyone who carried them out. I say to you, we are proud of you. . . Whoever confronts, fights, dies as a Martyr,” (Oct. 2015). In 2016, PA governing party’s TV station Awdah broadcast the song: “Jerusalem is calling in pain, Come on, strike them, you have the strength; Turn your anger into the fire of Hell… Besiege them in all their neighborhoods, Drown them in a sea of blood.” Official PA TV bragged (in Nov. 15) that the wave of daily terror attacks against Jews was effective, saying: “I confirm that in this uprising, we in Jerusalem have succeeded in preventing 80% of the settlers, the sons of apes and pigs [i.e., Jews], from walking around the Old City and the stairs of the Damascus Gate.” Fatah’s Facebook page broadcast a video (Apr. 2016) teaching Palestinian Arabs how to slit the throat of Israeli service persons. (See “PMW Special Report: Fatah Votes for Terror,” by PMW and Itamar Marcus.)
- Abbas refused fmr. VP Biden’s request to even condemn the murder of American Taylor Force (“PMW Special Report”).
- The new PA textbooks and curricula are more radical and deadly than ever. They demonize Israel; deny Israel’s right to exist at all; envision an Arab Palestine to replace all of Israel; call the entirety of Israel “1948 Occupied Territories”; teach the 1974 PLO Phased Plan for the conquest of the land of Israel through violence and pressure; and brainwash even the youngest children that they must become “martyrs” willing to give up their lives to murder Jews and destroy Israel, with a constant drumbeat of messages such as “the volcano of my revenge”; “the longing of my blood for my land”; and “I shall sacrifice my blood to saturate the land.” Sickeningly, math books use numbers of dead martyrs to teach arithmetic. (See thorough new study with numerous PA textbook pages, in: “Palestinian Elementary School Curriculum 2016–17: Radicalization and Revival of the PLO Program,” by Eldad J. Pardo, Impact-se.org, April 2017.) Palestinian Arab children are also taught that Allah’s wrath will consume Israel and the Jews; are taught from maps that eliminate Israel’s existence; and are required to write essays on “martyrs.” (“New Study Shows Abbas’ P.A. Still Inciting Hatred & Murder Of Jews,” ZOA, Mar. 2, 2016.)
- Mahmoud Abbas has repeatedly confirmed that he intends to ethnically cleanse all Jews from any state of “Palestine.” For instance, at a 2013 meeting with Egyptian officials, Abbas stated: “In a final resolution, we would not see the presence of a single Israeli — civilian or soldier — on our lands.” (“Abbas Pledges: There Will Be No Israelis in Palestine,” Times of Israel, July 30, 2013.)
- Early this year, Fatah (the PA’s governing party) met with terrorist groups Hamas and Palestinian Islamic in Moscow for three days, and then announced the formation of a unity PA-Hamas government. (See “Hamas, Fatah Announce Deal to Form Palestinian Unity Government,” Times of Israel, Jan. 17, 2017.)
- Abbas and the PA have named numerous streets, buildings, schools, camps and sports teams in honor of vicious terrorists. For instance, Abbas and the PA named the street containing the Ramallah government complex after Hamas’s chief bomb-maker Yahye Ayash (a/k/a “the Engineer” or “al-Muhandis”), who was responsible for murdering almost 100 Israelis in suicide bus bombings throughout Israel. (See “ZOA Event: MK Ohana on Israel’s Security Situation,” Apr. 20, 2016; and “Yahya Ayyash Building ‘Shocking Incitement’,” by Roni Sofer, YNet News.) The PA named a Ramallah street after Palestinian Arab terrorist Muhannad Halabi, who murdered two Israelis, and also wounded a Jewish victim’s wife and baby. The PA announced that it was naming the street: “to honor Halabi, who carried out a stabbing and shooting operation against settlers in the Old City of occupied Jerusalem.” (“Palestinian Authority Names Street After Terrorist Who Fatally Stabbed 2 Israelis,” JNS, Oct. 28, 2015; citing Palestinian Media Watch Bulletin, Oct. 26, 2016.) The PA has named over 40 schools after Jew-killers.