ZOA Executive Directors
ZOA Regional Leaders
Friends of Israel Around the U.S.
Morton A. Klein
Zionist Organization of America
The director of the FBI, Robert Mueller a recent Bush appointee is scheduled to speak on June 28, 2002, at the annual convention of the American Muslim Council, which has openly praised Arab terrorist groups such as Hamas and Hezbollah.
Please urge Mr. Mueller to cancel his speech:
Regular mail should be sent to FBI headquarters in Washington:
Robert Mueller, Director Federal Bureau of Investigation 601 Fourth St. NW Washington, D.C. 20535
If you want to call, fax, or e-mail, use these:
Ph: 212-384-1000 Fax: 212-384-2745 e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Some Points You May Want to Make:
* No public official should meet with, and thereby grant legitimacy to, any organization that has expressed sympathy for groups on the U.S. governments own list of terrorist groups. Please reconsider your plan to speak at the AMC convention.
* You cant fight terrorism by legitimizing groups that praise terrorists.
* Organizations that praise terrorists should be isolated, marginalized, and condemned.
* In this environment of ongoing international terrorism, publicly praising Hamas or Hezbollah is like shouting fire in a crowded theater.
* At a rally in Lafeyette Park in Washington, D.C. on Oct. 28, 2000, AMC leader Abdulrahman Alamoudi said: I have been labeled by the media in New York to be a supporter of Hamas. We are ALL supporters of Hamas. I wish they added that I am also a supporter of Hezbollah.
* Both Hezbollah and Hamas are on the official U.S. list of terrorist organizations. Hezbollah was responsible for the 1983 attack in Lebanon that killed 270 U.S. Marines, and many other attacks. Hamas has murdered over 300 Israelis since the signing of the 1993 Oslo accords, including many of the 29 Americans who have been murdered in Israel since 1993.
* George W. Bush himself returned a $1,000 donation to his 2000 presidential campaign from the American Muslim Council because of the Councils extremist positions, and Hillary Clinton returned a $1,000 donation from the AMC to her Senatorial campaign.