Zionist Organization of America (ZOA) President Morton A. Klein and Chairman Mark Levenson, Esq. released the following statement:
The ZOA strongly praises President Trump for appearing in Ilhan Omar’s Congressional District and condemning Congresswoman Omar’s long, continuing record of vicious anti-Semitic, Israelophobic, pro-terrorist and anti-American statements.
President Trump stated:
“Congresswoman Omar is an America-hating socialist. She minimized the September 11th attack on our homeland. Where 3,000 people died, saying, ‘Some people did something,’ big deal, pleaded for compassion for ISIS recruits right here in Minnesota. Omar laughed that Americans speak of Al-Qaeda. You remember that tape? Speak of Al-Qaeda. But when we say something about the United States, you just don’t say America with any intensity. Remember that? Representative Omar has a history of launching virulent anti-Semitic screeds, whether you like it or not. She’s said the US support for Israel is ‘all about the Benjamins’. She said that pro-Israel lawmakers have an allegiance to a foreign country. Omar wrote that Israel has hypnotized the world, may Allah awaken the people and help them to see the evil doings of Israel and the United States. . . . She is a disgrace to our country. . . .” [Crowd cheers]
(Donald Trump Minnesota Rally Speech Transcript: Minneapolis, MN Rally Oct. 10, 2019.)
President Trump also discussed the reports that Congresswoman Omar committed serious immigration fraud.
It is gratifying to have a president who stands up and denounces Congresswoman Ilhan’s horrendous record of promoting hatred against Jews, Israel, and America. And thank you, President Trump, for inveighing against how Omar urged compassion for ISIS terrorists, how Omar belittled Americans who fear Al Qaeda and Hezbollah, and Omar’s cavalier, dismissive attitude towards the Americans murdered by Al Qaeda on 9-11. Importantly, President Trump also previously condemned and demanded that action be taken against Ilhan Omar for her hateful anti-Semitic statements. (See “ZOA Applauds Pres. Trump’s Call For Rep. Omar To Resign Over Anti-Semitic Tweets,” Feb. 15, 2019.)
ZOA has been documenting Ilhan Omar’ anti-Semitic, anti-American record. ZOA and our wonderful activists have repeatedly urged the Congressional Democratic leadership to remove Omar from her powerful position on the House Foreign Affairs Committee. ZOA President Morton Klein also demanded Omar’s removal from her committees when he testified before Congress in April. It’s long past time for this to be done.
For more details on Ilhan Omar’s hateful record, see:
- “ZOA Denounces Reps. Omar & Tlaib’s Antisemitic, Israelophobic Resolution to Protect BDS,” July 19, 2019
- “Action Alert: Call Your Representative and Urge Them To Remove Anti-Semitic Omar from the House Foreign Affairs Committee,” Mar. 5, 2019
- “ZOA Appalled: Toothless House Dem. Antisemitism Res. Protects/Defends Antisemites in Congress,” Mar. 5, 2019
- “ZOA Exposé: Antisemitic Rep. Omar (D-MN) Funded by Israel-hating BDS Leaders and PACs-Remove Her From Committees!,”Feb. 14, 2019
- “ZOA: Ilhan Omar’s Anti-Semitism Means She Must Be Removed from House Committees | Breitbart,” Feb. 12, 2019
- “ZOA Disagrees With ADL’s Greenblatt’s Praise/Acceptance of Phony Apology of Antisemitic Israel-Hater Rep. Omar (D-MN),” Jan. 28, 2019
- “Written Testimony of ZOA President Morton A. Klein Before House Judiciary Committee, Hearing on Hate Crimes,” Apr. 9, 2019
- “ZOA National President Morton Klein Receives Standing Ovation at “Antisemitism in America and the Defeaning Silence” Program,” Apr. 16, 2019
- “ZOA Applauds Israel for Refusing Entry of Israelophobic Jew-Haters Tlaib and Omar,” Aug. 15, 2019
- “ZOA: AIPAC’s Demand that Antisemitic Israel-Haters Omar/Tlaib be Allowed to Enter Israel is Wrong,” Aug. 20, 2019
- “ZOA to Pelosi: Rescind Appt. of Anti-Semite Israel-Hater Rep. Omar to Foreign Affairs Post,” Jan. 18, 2019